Looking for rewarding work that improves someone's quality of life?
The client is 62 years old, physically fit and very active. He has Alzheimers Disease. He enjoys being in the community, participating in activities and helping others.
This is part-time work, hours to be negotiated. I am looking to set hours that are applicable each week but may change as life does. Examples:
· need someone every morning from 8am to 9am or 8 to 10am to meet at LSCO, walk around the track, have coffee, help get organized for an exercise class.
· Need support Mondays and/or Fridays – different shifts during the day.
· May be other shifts – to be discussed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
· Assist him to access the community and to participate in purposeful activities.
· Provide companionship.
· Act as an advocate in the community.
· Develop and implement a variety of therapeutic tools.
· Assist with transportation.
· Provide respite in-home.
· Provide vocational support and emotional and personal support.
· Assist with personal care.
· Assist with household tasks.
You may be asked to provide the following: current First Aid/CPR qualifications, recent Criminal Records check, and three professional references.